Candidate: Paige Martinez

Paige Martinez is running for Student Body President for the 2020-2021 school year.

Bio:

“Paige Martinez is a Cody High School student like any other. She attends school, putting forth her best effort every day with the goal of higher education in mind, while also participating in the school community. In her free time, she serves the Cody community and her church, and enjoys past times such as running, reading, drawing, and appreciating the flora and fauna of Wyoming’s outdoors.

But she also feels it is her duty to serve and lead others while embodying the characteristics of reliability, diligence, studiousness, attentiveness, and sincerity. She has embodied such through her participation in her extracurriculars and academics. In her schoolwork, she strives to obtain a complete understanding of subject material and exemplify thoroughness in assignments. In Student Council and on the youth advisory board at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, she values everyone’s words and encourages participation as much as possible, representation being her central goal. And in her endeavors on the Model of the United Nations’ team and in her research and writing, workmanship is of utmost importance.

As the student body president for the school year of 2020-2021, Paige would embody and practice all aforementioned values, never shirking in her responsibility. She views such an office as a learning opportunity, one which encourages growth of character and mind, and as an opportunity to give back to the Student Body. Although she may be quiet and observant in her participation, she appreciates her peers and sees the value in a connected academic community full of school pride.”