MENU
Filed under News, Opinion

Dear Louie, Anxiety Problems?

Sincerely%2C+Louie
Sincerely, Louie

Sincerely, Louie

Caitlyn Murray

Caitlyn Murray

Sincerely, Louie

Dear Louie,

Recently, I have been consumed with anxiety. For at least an hour, maybe three or four every day, I can feel my chest press in on me, and it is like I am being slowly pressed into a wall. I feel the fear and worry encapsulate me, and my mind blocks out all logic and thought as I’m trapped in the same “what if” scenario over and over again. My anxiety is unusual from other peers based on what I’ve heard them talk about. I have no issues giving a presentation in class, or a speech to the student body. Mine is brought on by the fear of death- of being on the brink of death every second of every day and not being able to do anything to stop it, like a deer in the headlights. This morning, I woke up around 5AM in a state of total panic and never truly fell all the way asleep. What should I do?Dear Louie,
Recently, I have been consumed with anxiety. For at least an hour, maybe three or four every day, I can feel my chest press in on me, and it is like I am being slowly pressed into a wall. I feel the fear and worry encapsulate me, and my mind blocks out all logic and thought as I’m trapped in the same “what if” scenario over and over again. My anxiety is unusual from other peers based on what I’ve heard them talk about. I have no issues giving a presentation in class, or a speech to the student body. Mine is brought on by the fear of death- of being on the brink of death every second of every day and not being able to do anything to stop it, like a deer in the headlights. This morning, I woke up around 5AM in a state of total panic and never truly fell all the way asleep. What should I do?
Sincerely,
Anxious Adolescent

Dear Anxious Adolescent,
Life sure is ruff. I understand what you’re going through. Sometimes I get, very scared of thunder and lightning. I hide in my human’s room and shiver and whimper. You know what helps calm me down? My human. She sits by me, pets my head and rubs my tummy. When I’m with her, I can’t help but think even if anything bad happens, I’m content with my life. I’m not saying there is only one solution though. There can be as many solutions as there are breeds of dogs. Just like a human picking out a new companion, the best idea is to find the one that really works for you. When I feel bad, sometimes I have to go see a vet. It can be scary and intimidating, but I know it’s good. Maybe, your first step should be to find a vet for humans like yourself. It is important to take care of yourself, and keeping your emotions healthy is just as important as keeping your body healthy.
Yours Truly,
Louie

Sincerely,

Anxious Adolescent

Dear Anxious Adolescent,

Life sure is ruff. I understand what you’re going through. Sometimes I get, very scared of  thunder and lightning. I hide in my human’s room and shiver and whimper. You know what helps calm me down? My human. She sits by me, pets my head and rubs my tummy. When I’m with her, I can’t help but think even if anything bad happens, I’m content with my life. I’m not saying there is only one solution though. There can be as many solutions as there are breeds of dogs. Just like a human picking out a new companion, the best idea is to find the one that really works for you. When I feel bad, sometimes I have to go see a vet. It can be scary and intimidating, but I know it’s good. Maybe, your first step should be to find a vet for humans like yourself. It is important to take care of yourself, and keeping your emotions healthy is just as important as keeping your body healthy.

Yours Truly,

Louie